History

1955 till today – a success story

2014

On November 17, 2014 our managing director Herbert Domig was honored with an economic award in the category “lifework”.

2014

Our warehouse has a height of 14 meters which is a large benefit for our raw material.

2013

With the boom of the last years after the crisis in 2009 we have grown in machine capacity and man power. We started to enlarge our office and warehouse which was finished at the end of 2013.

2010

With keeping all employees in the worldwide crisis of 2009 we could participate in the economic boom afterwards.

2008

Introduction of the new generation in the management with daughter Angelika Domig.

2005

Investing in more modern CNC machines and specializing in very complicated parts with difficult machining material we were able to help and solve with our 60 employees all the problems of our customers and to gain new customers in the last difficult economical years. Having no more space we had to annex a new production building with now 6300qm / 68.000 sq. feet in total to realize the new projects from our customers and to increase our capacity.

1999

By now BÖHMLER was also producing parts for the automobile and the automatic control industry besides the electronic industry. As there was no space to enlarge the building, the decision was made to build a new modern facility with 3500qm / 37670 sq. feet near by in Reutlinger Street on a nice large lot. The 43 employees now had a better and most modern working place to increase the performance also for our customers.

1992

BÖHMLER Drehteile GmbH was founded.

1991

A new production building was annexed to a total of 1300qm / 13990 sq. feet with 15 employees.

1984

Business increased and a new building with 600qm / 6450 sq. feet was built in Stuttgarter Street in Pforzheim. At that time we had 6 employees and some turning machines were bought.

1975

Herbert Domig took over the business from his father in law as he had to retire for health reasons. He continued the development of the round table machines to a standard which is still valid today.

1955

The company was found by Karl Böhmler in Brunnenstreet 15 in Pforzheim/Brötzingen  behind his family’s home. As a tool maker for the watch industry he had the idea to produce contacts/terminals on a mechanical round table machine. He already delivered parts/contacts to the connector industry.